[TW] The Perfect Link
MrJumpman49 / daedric prince
It was a warm April afternoon and Alex was sitting at his office desk looking at the clock for the past 10 minutes. A lot of things were rushing through his mind as he slid his hand along wavy hair.

The plan was simple they were to meet the surrogate at the doctors clinic so they can finally get the results to find out whether or not she would be able to bare his child. It wasn’t the first time he was at said clinic; Cassandra, his wife of 10 years, had been looking to find the perfect surrogate that can match the traits they want in their child. However the last 2 times oddly enough they were left stranded by the surrogate so he was hoping the new girl wasn’t getting cold feet.

He had not yet met the woman because of how busy his job has kept him as the CEO of a very successful investment company. He left the interview process up to Cassandra, or Casey for short, to decide who would be the best fit.

They were ready to pitch the idea to the surrogate to move in while the pregnancy occurred in order for the baby to get used to listen to Cassandra’s voice. The plan was to invite her for dinner and lay it all out on the table.

‘Shit it’s already noon’ Alex reminded to himself as he grabbed his blazer and headed out of the office early. He got in his nice Mercedes he only drives to his job and back. Both Cassandra and the surrogate were to meet at the clinic. He took one last breath as he hit the road.
[Image: 243e9eb8e259aac664ef707887e88cb9.jpg]

Pregnancy was supposed to be the moment in which a couple was at their closest. It was the time when a husband could hold his wife close and feel their child's soft kicks against his palm, where they could mutually enjoy the view of her growing swollen and complain about her woes. It was bonding, love, pain, and... Unfortunately, something that would never be possible for Cassandra. Andrea had read the other woman's plea for help weeks ago, had gone through the first necessary screening and had been deemed healthy to bear a child... And now she only had to step out of the car and meet them in the office.

Her hands remained firm on the steering wheel, her eyes staring out the front glass. Right. Just move.

She sat inert, her hands gripping the steering wheel as if it were the only thing holding her here on the earth. Is this really what she wanted? To be a brood mare for some other couple? Andy shook that thought from her head, her eyes closing as she let out a soft sigh. No. She wanted to give someone the most special gift she could -- a child. Their child.

Her fingers unlaced from the wheel, feeling robotic as she slid out of the car and made her way to the office entrance. She let go of the last of her worries with a soft breath, her shoulders falling back as she moved confidently into the waiting room. The woman she met was older than her by quite a few years, her face lined with worry but her eyes still exuberant and bright.

"Are you... Are you Andrea?" She asked, hesitant to ask out of fear that she would be wrong, "I'm sorry, we've talked on the phone but I didn't expect you to look so... So young."

"No, it's okay. Um. Yes, I'm Andrea. But please, I prefer Andy." She offered the woman a smile, looking around the room, "Is your... Your husband joining us?" She asked tentatively as the nurse motioned to them to move to the back room to start the process. "Yes... He's... He's running late, I suppose. He'll join us shortly."
"You're here, that's all I need to know.
And you will keep me safe.
And you will keep me close.
And rain... Will make the flowers grow"
[Image: FbuCdrz.png]
Alex was rushing to make it to the appointment on time. Like many things in his life he seemed to be rushing from point A to point B. The firm wasn’t doing well… there were talks of layoffs and try to get rid of management that has been there for a while. A new younger CEO was being groomed under his eyes and there wasn’t much he could do about it other than to cross his fingers and that he could right the ship… or at least a nice laid off payment to save his troubles while he takes a break from working.

Finally he arrived at the clinic. He pulled the Mercedes to an empty spot and took a glance at himself in the rear view mirror as he removes his tie, he didn’t want to seem stuck up and over dressed. He undoes the first 2 buttons on his shirt and quickly fixes his hair. His heart was racing a bit wondering if this is really the only choice they have. Eventually he takes a deep breath and nods to himself as he walks out of the car putting his sunglasses on as he walks into the clinic.

Once he’s inside it doesn’t take him long to find Cassandra next to Andrea as he walks over head held high and then stops in front of the two women. He glances over the woman she couldn’t be older than 25 she looked like a college student! Alex takes his glasses off and looks at the two of them . “I apologize for the delay… had some pretty important meeting that had me tied down longer than expected.” He then turned to Andrea and extends his hand . “Pleasure meeting you… in Alex… I want to thank you for meeting with us this far into the progress”
It was hard to watch the woman as she looked her over, the way Cassandra's eyes lingered on Andy's stomach and the longing look on her face as her husband joined them finally. The woman was a creature that was hurting, mourning a loss of what she couldn't have and inwardly blaming herself with her own feelings of inferiority. Her eyes moved to the floor as she caught herself under the spell of feeling sorry for someone that was far better off than herself, a woman whose life was otherwise put together in ways that Andy's had never been.

"Nice to meet you, Alex." She shook his hand tenderly, offering him a soft smile as she turned and lead the way into the consultation room. The procedure had been explained to her before but the doctor wanted all parties to be present for the heavy conversation about to happen. It was a matter now of consent and paperwork for them to go through, the formalities before the beauty of the process.

The silence felt strange, too medical and cold, so as the nurse showed them to the room decorated with an examination table, three chairs, and a small table, Andy opted instead for conversation, "So, Alex, what is it that you do?"
"You're here, that's all I need to know.
And you will keep me safe.
And you will keep me close.
And rain... Will make the flowers grow"
[Image: FbuCdrz.png]
He shook her hand slowly as his eyes were fixed on hers. Her youthfulness brought a smile to his face as he let his hand go. They were immediately guided to the room where he took a seat next to Cassandra and held her hand gently as he looked across the room back to Andy. He slowly undoes his tie a little bit and then answers her quwstion. “I am a ceo at an investment company Charles and Schwartz if I’m being specific. I’ve been working there ever since I got out of college...” he glances into the distance looking just past Andy as he reminisces of all the memories he’s had since the start of his career.

Lots of ups and downs starting a small time clerk. He started to get worried again of his position back at the company but that’s when Came back to reality. Clearing his throat he looked into Andy’s eyes again. “How about you? I’m sorry I know I should know more about you but it has just been a crazy time at my company but I’m very excited about his.” He gave her another smile.